Changes by a workflow in the audit log RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a workflow which triggers when a process reaches a certain stage to update the account entity.

However when this triggers the Audit log shows the change was made by the account that the workflow uses rather than the user who triggered the workflow.

Is there any way of either forcing the audit log to show the triggering user or flagging the change as being part of the workflow (and therefore an automated update)?

Thanks in advance

Iain Mackenzie

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is you are using CRM 2013 in the workflow there is the option to run the workflow as the owner of the workflow or the user who executed the workflow.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply, the problem we have with that option is that the users do not have permission to manually update some of the fields which the workflow does change in order to ensure that the two entities are kept in sync.

If we run the workflow as the user it fails due to insufficient permissions.

Any suggestions?

Iain

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:21 PM
  • I have looked into this further and the audit table has a 'callinguseridname' field which I have used to create the Audit reports I need in SSRS.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:28 PM