Buy licence keys for WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I saw that this question already has been answered, but I still wonder if I can buy licence keys  for WHS 2011 somewhere, cause here in Sweden all webshops are out of stock, and I am in desperate need of a key for a swedish version for a customer. Cant understand why Microsoft makes it so hard to buy one of there products, ok I now its been discontinued, but anyway, it should have been made downloadable and buyable from there site together with the licence key, so people could continue using and installing this,what I think is a great product, despite what others might think. Sorry if that came out a bit "Swenglish" :) but I think you get my point.

Kind Regards Krille.

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:43 PM

Answers

• Support life cycles are connected with sales period. Support for Windows Home Server 2011 ends in 2016, therefore Microsoft had to end the regular sales last year. 
    While it is a great product, it didn't earn enough money, it seems - and it doesn't match the "cloudification" trend they intend to bring to the customers independent of their needs.

Not that there has been any sales of Windows Home Server as retail software at all, it was always OEM and System Builder only.

With some luck you may still get an OEM package from a dealer, but you can handle Swedish search engines better than me.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Newchurch Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:22 PM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:28 PM

All replies

• Support life cycles are connected with sales period. Support for Windows Home Server 2011 ends in 2016, therefore Microsoft had to end the regular sales last year. 
    While it is a great product, it didn't earn enough money, it seems - and it doesn't match the "cloudification" trend they intend to bring to the customers independent of their needs.

Not that there has been any sales of Windows Home Server as retail software at all, it was always OEM and System Builder only.

With some luck you may still get an OEM package from a dealer, but you can handle Swedish search engines better than me.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Newchurch Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:22 PM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:28 PM
  • After a phonecall with Microsoft where they explained that the product has been (as I already now) discontinued, and therefore no licencekeys being generated in the future, and my only chance was to find it from a dealer, like you Olaf pointed out, I decided to order a copy on Ebay. English version, but ok to install with swedish version(according to MS) which I already own and activate with key I get from english version.

Kind Regards

Krille.

Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:21 PM