WGA VALIDATION PROBLEM RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE JUST HAD TO FORMAT MY MACHINE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS XP HOME, I USED THE KEY ON THE MICROSOFT STICKER WHICH IS ATTACHED TO MY DELL MACHINE. I HAD TO RING CUSTOMER SERVICES WHO HAD TO VALADITE MY KEY. THIS WAS DONE AND MY WINDOWS ACTIVATED. ON MY FIRST WINDOWS UPDATE IT INSTALLED THE WINDOWS GENUINE TOOLS, AFTER THIS WAS INSTALLED AND RUN I AM NOW BEING TOLD THAT MY COPY OF WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE, HOW CAN THIS BE AS I GOT MY VALADATION FROM MICROSOFT.
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 11:25 AM

Answers

•  Leroy777 wrote:
    Your issue is related to using a Dell OEM Product Key to install Windows XP on a non-Dell computer.  This is illegal as the Dell OEM Windows XP license is only valid when installed on the Dell computer it was originally installed on.

Yep! Thats it exactly! Leroy: your OEM product keys are specific to the computer company they are sold with.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:02 PM

All replies

• belfastbob:

What is the validation failure message you are recieving?

Thursday, May 4, 2006 3:48 PM
  • Your issue is related to using a Dell OEM Product Key to install Windows XP on a non-Dell computer.  This is illegal as the Dell OEM Windows XP license is only valid when installed on the Dell computer it was originally installed on.
    Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:18 PM
  •  Leroy777 wrote:
    Your issue is related to using a Dell OEM Product Key to install Windows XP on a non-Dell computer.  This is illegal as the Dell OEM Windows XP license is only valid when installed on the Dell computer it was originally installed on.

Yep! Thats it exactly! Leroy: your OEM product keys are specific to the computer company they are sold with.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:02 PM