Microsoft CRM 2011 workflow in waiting Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For CRM 2011, there is workflow step stuck in 'Waiting' status occasionally when CRM application link is accessed outside server. Following error is displayed: "

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. "

When I access workflow step from within application server (using CRM application link) , I am able to complete step. However, when client/I try to access same CRM application link outside application server and complete step in workflow, we get above error. This happens occasionally and for one particular step in workflow.

I already restarted Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (from Start -> Services) and it didn't help. I looked up Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and couldn't find any log related to stuck workflow.

Please advice. 

Thank you!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:18 PM

All replies

• Try to browse the URL from client. Try using ip address instead of server name in the URL.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 10:59 AM