Insufficient Permission for a user when creating opportunity or lead CRM online (he is fine with quote, account contct) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, no matter what I tried, I just couldn't get this "insufficient permission" out of the way. User is able to create quote, account, contact but not able to for lead and opportunity - obviously I am missing something.  I put this user in a separate business unit. create a brand new security role giving me permission somewhere in between standard sales and system customizer roles. He is given read and write access to the scope of BU and in some cases like activity org wide. I have few custom entities - he is able to access the ones granted permission no problem there. There are few custom entities that has 1: N from i.e. 1 Opportunity can have N "custom" entity records. He is almost granted all of them but few.  I researched in the forum about "Apend To" so at the user and UI settings level as well as the target objects such as lead and opportunity are marked with org wide.  what am I missing here? Appreciate your input - it could something simple

Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:12 PM

All replies

• Since you have made this role using OOB Sales & System customizer the role, assume that the role has read access to most elements on the Customization tab of the security role.

You seem to have already provided the user with all essential privileges.

Option1. Try asking the support team to collect the trace logs so that you know where the problem is.

Option 2. If the problem is with a single user then check if other users are part of any teams and add this new user to that team

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:06 PM
  • PLease provide access to user on Audit entity and try again.

Regards Faisal

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi Faisal where can I find the audit entity from the chart above? 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:07 PM

• Regards Faisal

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:19 PM