use livemesh with user rights RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I use LiveMesh on a Windows Server 2008 64bit. The administrator can use LiveMesh very well.

Only if I logged on the system as a user I don't can use LiveMesh. What can I do to use LiveMesh as a user?

LiveMesh and Remote Desktop. Is there an option in LiveMesh Remote Desktop session to change or adapt the screen resolution on the client system?

Many greetings
    Stefan

I wait for the LiveMesh client for Windows Mobile.

Viele Grüße Stefan
    Monday, April 20, 2009 10:02 AM

Answers

• First of all, Live Mesh is "unsupported" on Windows Server 2008, though it can be made to work.
    Live Mesh has two parts - the service and the notifier. The service starts when Windows starts and allows you to access the PC remotely. The notifier runs when the user logs in. If you installed Live Mesh as Administrator, you also need to install it for your other User. You will need to give that user Admin rights to allow the install and then change the rights back to User after it is installed.
    The remote desktop functionality uses its own display driver, so native resolution is not really an issue.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 20, 2009 3:36 PM

All replies

• First of all, Live Mesh is "unsupported" on Windows Server 2008, though it can be made to work.
    Live Mesh has two parts - the service and the notifier. The service starts when Windows starts and allows you to access the PC remotely. The notifier runs when the user logs in. If you installed Live Mesh as Administrator, you also need to install it for your other User. You will need to give that user Admin rights to allow the install and then change the rights back to User after it is installed.
    The remote desktop functionality uses its own display driver, so native resolution is not really an issue.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 20, 2009 3:36 PM
  • Thanks
    Viele Grüße Stefan
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:42 AM