Download "content disposition" link with COM object problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wrote a COM object (for WinMobile 6) that handles the download of specific mime types and extensions, using IPersistMoniker and IBindStatusCallback interfaces implementations.
    I've registered the CLSID and the mime types and extensions I need.

Download of direct links works great, the problem starts when trying to download a link with content disposition attachment in its header - my DLL is being loaded, and IUnknown and IPersistMoniker interfaces are being requested as they should - but release right after the QueryInterface.

I've noticed that those links (with the content disposition) ignore the mime type registration and follow only the extension regstration (with CLSID or ProgID). Also, if I edit the extension key to run some EXE file (even iexplore) instead of my DLL - it works well.

How should I handle links with content disposition?

Thanks,
    Keren

• Moved by jack 321 Friday, October 31, 2008 7:02 AM off topic (Moved from Visual C++ General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:07 PM

All replies

• For Windows mobile issue,

Discussion in Smart Device Development

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/csharpide/thread/8e9ed0d7-11ff-402a-8489-9b5f05eeb706
    Friday, October 31, 2008 7:02 AM