none
From MCSD to MCT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm taking the new MCSD certification. I would like to work towards the MCT certification. Can I go directly from MCSD to MCT or do I have to take something in between? If so, what?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The MCSD certification is new. It was just announced earlier this summer. This should be added to the approved list of certifications that are pre-requisites for becoming an MCT. I do know that the MCT private web site is being updated. I do not know if an update of the public facing MCT site is being updated but I will ask Microsoft Learning to ensure that they update the approved certification list to reflect all of the new certifications.

Good luck in your plans to achieve your MCSD and MCT certifications.  I am a developer MCT myself. I am in the processing of taking all of the new developer related exams. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Mike

Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by BBuddy Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:25 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:07 PM

All replies

• The requirements for becoming a MCT can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mct.aspx#tab3

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:14 AM
  • The requirements for becoming a MCT can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mct.aspx#tab3

Yes, I read the requirements.

However it does not mention the MCSD there, and when I look in the triangle of "ranking certifications" the MCSD and the MCPD are on the same level. I'm simply asking for the way to go from MCSD to MCT. 

Going through a 2010 MCPD cert seems a bit backwards.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

The MCSD certification is new. It was just announced earlier this summer. This should be added to the approved list of certifications that are pre-requisites for becoming an MCT. I do know that the MCT private web site is being updated. I do not know if an update of the public facing MCT site is being updated but I will ask Microsoft Learning to ensure that they update the approved certification list to reflect all of the new certifications.

Good luck in your plans to achieve your MCSD and MCT certifications.  I am a developer MCT myself. I am in the processing of taking all of the new developer related exams. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Mike

Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by BBuddy Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:25 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Thanks for confirming my suspicion Mike
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:28 PM