Can't open CRM Online 2013 forms from Outlook (2013) RRS feed

• Question

• After my CRM 2013 upgrade I can't open my forms by clicking on them in Outlook (i.e. Account form from an Account view)

I have tried adding dynamics.com and the other suggested sites to Trusted Site zone but it doesn't help.

I Use Win 8.1, Outlook 2013 and the old CRM 2011 CRM client (with rollup 15) - can't change CRM client, since I need to be able to connect to my customers 2011 instances. According to what I've seen the old 2011 CRM outlook client should be supported against CRM 2013 Online.

Anyone who have a clue where I should look? Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:19 PM

Answers

• This is strange - after we been trying for 2 days (just after the CRM 2013 upgrade) it suddnely started to work.

This means that the installation was fine, but the problem happend when configuring the client. I have no clue - maybe som DNS changed that needed to be fully rolled out?

I close this as answered

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:20 AM

All replies

• You can try following steps

1. See if there is XRM SDK dll in the local folder of CRM 2011 outlook client.

2. Check the version of this dll it should be the version for CRM 2013.

3. copy the XRM SDK dll from Bin folder of CRM under program files to outlook client folder.

4. Restart you client.

Try these and see if it resolves your issue. I have faced similar issue with connector.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Dear Saurabh

Thanks for your suggestion - but it didn't lead to any solution.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:17 AM
  • This is strange - after we been trying for 2 days (just after the CRM 2013 upgrade) it suddnely started to work.

This means that the installation was fine, but the problem happend when configuring the client. I have no clue - maybe som DNS changed that needed to be fully rolled out?

I close this as answered

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:20 AM