none
Changing the order of the folder pairs execution

Question

• Hi all,

Just woundering if this kind of improvement is on schedule or not.

I've found on this forum that it has been reporter for kind of a while (more than three years ago) : http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/synctoy/thread/df3ad76b-b3d5-4144-b3f1-bd9b1e12b2c7

But I still don't see it in the latest version (2.1). It would be really handy to be able to set up the order of the execution of the tasks. Even if it makes the script to run the pairs one by one.

The reason of my interest is quite simple. I use synctoy to manage the content of my USB stick :

1. Merge the content of the documents folders between the USB stick and my PC

2. Create an instant backup of all the content of this USB stick on another HDD dediacted for backups

Thanks for your replies

NB: I'm really suprised the 2.1 version has been released in 2009. Is the development closed ??? Oo

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:55 PM

All replies

• Seriously - Microsoft has been saying "We will consider adding pair ordering in the next release" since 2008 or before - its now 2014.  You think that in 6 years that they could add something so damn simple - but since Gates left - projects such as this really have been put on the back burner. MSDN and TECHNET both gone to pot.  Developers are not really cared for like when Gates was in charge.  Can't wait until new management. Even if that doesn't help - at least its worth a try.  Something needs to happen to put life back into the developer community again because it was once Microsoft's lifes blood and gave them a competitive edge.  Now they dulled that edge so much it couldn't cut butter.

HP

• Edited by HPeace Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:15 AM