Windows OneCare Firewall Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, i hope someone can help me, i've been running a fully paid subscription for over a year with no problems, but as of this morning, i keep getting the red error on my taskbar, telling me there is a risk,  when i open onecare it tells me my firewall needs to be activated, but it is? its on, i turn it off and return it on, but it makes no difference?
    so i ran the firewall fix tool, uninstalled onecare, ran the clean up tool and reinstalled it and it was fine! now 5 hours later its gone again??
    can anyone help or advise me as to whats causing this problem?? i've emailed support in the hope they can help, but i didnt know if someone has had the same prob while i wait, as im worried even though it says my firewall is running, that maybe its not as i cannot lose the red logo or the message?
    thank you.
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:02 PM

Answers

• I don't know why One Care would be reporting an incorrect firewall status but reaching out to support was a good choice for help with this.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:40 PM