CRM Online Setup (Enter Your Domain Name) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a lot of experience setting up CRM OnPremise versions on servers, but this is the first time (in al LONG time since I have set up a CRM Online account).  A lot have changed since the last time I set up a CRM Online account.

I am setting up a CRM Online instance through the Office365 portal and have created my CRM account.  The first time I log on to the Office 365 Admin portal, and click CRM, I am presented with Enter your domain name page: CRM Online Administration Center.

We are NOT using Office365 for any office products or email.  Only CRM Online.

Before I take out existing mail routers or webpages, does anybody know the impact of entering our domain name in this field?

Thanks,

PCR

Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:07 PM

Answers

• I figured it out.

I logged into portal.office.com with Chrome.  Logged out of my previous session under a different user account.  Logged back into the portal.office.com with my user ID that I used for this new organization.

Somehow, in Chrome, my Admin Page looked correct, but when I clicked CRM, it tried to log me in with my previous UserID, and it got messed up.

Once I switched over to using IE11: Logged out of my previous session; logged back in with the other user id, everything worked out fine.  No longer prompted for a Domain Name.

Moral of session: use IE when working with MS CRM.

• Marked as answer by PCR985 Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:23 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:23 PM