In mobile application which one is better Like iphone,blackberry,android,window phone. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have knowledge  in .net , but i want to learn mobile applications. which one is better in future (like iphone,blackberry,android,window phone) .

Regards,

Venkat.

Friday, November 26, 2010 6:51 AM

Answers

• First of all this is no Training and Certification question in my eyes.

If you want to develop in .Net, maybe the Windows Phone could be the best platform. (Which has the advantage, that you could develop a game for PC, Windows Phone and XBox in one through the XNA Framework.) But the big problem is, that you have to decide:
    - Windows Mobile 6.5 has a market but it is old and dieing - I would not develop for this platform any longer!
    - Windows Mobile 7 is new and nice. But I am not sure, if they can win a good market position. But the Market is not overrun. So people would see your application if you get it inside. So this is the platform that I would give a try as .Net Developer.

At the moment, I think that the iPhone market is the biggest. But that is not only an advantage. There are already thousands of applications so finding a spot for your applications and then have the users find them could be very hard.

Android is also great but I fear, that there is not just "one market". Multiple vendors create android systems and want to get some money through a market, too. At least that is, what I read from different announcements (but I only read announcements for tablet systems, so maybe for mobiles there is no real problem like that).

On the iPhone, you should develop in Objective-C. I only knoe the development stuff on MacOS - so maybe there is no development environment for PC. I would not recommend any solution like mono on iphone, because Apple had the intention to block these from their Marketplace in the past so you cannot be sure, that you can sell your application in the future.

Android is Java development? I have to confess, that I never had a closer look at this. But I am quite sure, that you will be able to find out without problems.

I hope that helped a little.

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:10 PM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 7:39 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• First of all this is no Training and Certification question in my eyes.

If you want to develop in .Net, maybe the Windows Phone could be the best platform. (Which has the advantage, that you could develop a game for PC, Windows Phone and XBox in one through the XNA Framework.) But the big problem is, that you have to decide:
    - Windows Mobile 6.5 has a market but it is old and dieing - I would not develop for this platform any longer!
    - Windows Mobile 7 is new and nice. But I am not sure, if they can win a good market position. But the Market is not overrun. So people would see your application if you get it inside. So this is the platform that I would give a try as .Net Developer.

At the moment, I think that the iPhone market is the biggest. But that is not only an advantage. There are already thousands of applications so finding a spot for your applications and then have the users find them could be very hard.

Android is also great but I fear, that there is not just "one market". Multiple vendors create android systems and want to get some money through a market, too. At least that is, what I read from different announcements (but I only read announcements for tablet systems, so maybe for mobiles there is no real problem like that).

On the iPhone, you should develop in Objective-C. I only knoe the development stuff on MacOS - so maybe there is no development environment for PC. I would not recommend any solution like mono on iphone, because Apple had the intention to block these from their Marketplace in the past so you cannot be sure, that you can sell your application in the future.

Android is Java development? I have to confess, that I never had a closer look at this. But I am quite sure, that you will be able to find out without problems.

I hope that helped a little.

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:10 PM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 7:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi ,

Thank you sir, 

Friday, November 26, 2010 8:34 AM