mobile sync with WCF service RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

Working Scenario:

I have created the Windows Mobile Device Application to Synchronize the Sql Server CE Database with the Sql Server 2008 Database where i have followed the procedure which described in the folowing link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc488004.aspx.

The Application is running in the Device Emulator for the Windows mobile professional 6 SDK and also in the device, when the device is in Plugged(Dock) state and it snynchronize through the Active Sync 4.5.

Working Issue:

But when I want to run the same application in the windows mobile 6.1 when the device is in  "UnPlugged state(UnDock)", the Synchronization process is not working.  It shows the Stack Error:    Sync.exe

TargetInvocationException
    at
    System.reflection.runtime.methodinfo.internalinvoke(object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, Cultureinfo culture, Boolean verfyAccess, StackcrawlMark& StackMark)
    at
    System.reflection.runtime.methodinfo.internalinvoke(object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, Cultureinfo culture)
    at
    System.reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    at
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.ServerSyncProviderProxy.GetChanges(SyncGroupMetadata groupMetadata, SyncSession syncSession)
    at
    Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncAgent.DownloadChanges(SyncGroupMetaddata groupMetadata)
    aMicrosoft.Synchronization.SyncAgent.Synchronize()
    at
    Sync.Form1.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at
    System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.Onclick(EventArgs e)
    at
    System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc(Control ctThis , WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 IParam)
    at
    System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalwnProc(WM wm , Int32 wParam, Int32 IParam)
    at
    Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
    at
    System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
    at
    Sync.Program.Main()

Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:29 AM

All replies

• can you hit the url of the service from your mobile device browser when its not docked?
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Dear Team,

Yes, the service URL is running successfully after when the device is in the unplugged(UnDock) state. But the Sync Application is not working. It thrown an error as like in the above thread.

Please Suggest me the best possible solution to over come from that issue to run my sync application even in the UnDock State.

Thanks And regards,

Basha SanFathima.

Fathima

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:59 AM