none
Note to the moderator RRS feed

• Question

• Please have a look at this thread. It deals with a simple question that could have been dealt with quickly with one or two simple replies. It now appears that it got hijacked by at least one and maybe two trolls, blowing out to 39 items. Threads like these are not helpful to the OP and will damage the reputation of this forum.
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• I agree that the thread got off-topic and overly long. I personally try to never engage in "conversation" in the forums, but it isn't behavior I would flag as abusive. In this case the op seems to have solved their problem and not been put off.

People in the forums have different styles. I don't like jv's style at times, as he can come off as condescending. However, he is very knowledgable and answers many questions I and others would rather not research. A few of his posts have been marked abusive in the past, but I would not want to discourage his participation. My only criticism is that posts in that forum get overly long. Long posts are very difficult to moderate, often get off-topic, and can discourage others to participate. Personally, I'm thankful for your particiation in the forum. In this case I have no idea why jv reacted as he did.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, May 4, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Thanks for your considerate reply.
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:19 PM
  • My apologies for threadjacking. I totally admit it got out of hand. I've removed my posts.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:39 AM