none
Entity Framework 6.1.3 creating model from db, window dissapear and it do not create model RRS feed

• Question

• Everything seems to work fine. But can't create or update model from MySql db.

Got:
    MySQL connector 6.9.8
    MySQL for VS 1.2.6

VS Professional 2015
    Entity Framework 6.1.3
    MySQL Data Entity 6.9.9
    MySQL Data 6.9.9

Tryed to unistall/reinstall, all nuggets, connectors. Also rebuilded and restarted VS and rebooted whole machine to be sure that it just not that kind of bug.

Other version combinations crashed on errors that versions don't support each other.and this combination get me this far.

Now when creating new ADO.NET Entity Data Model with Wizard,
    Connection test works, but after "Choose your data connection"-window, pressing next,
    whole wizard just dissapears, and no Model is created.
    Connection is still created and it shows in Server Explorer in Data Connections and even shows whole db.

Also tryed to create Empty Entity Data Model, and update it from DB, but it does the same, just dissapears and no thing is updated.

Spent almost whole day reading different guides to fix this, but nothing seems to work. Do you have any idea how could i fix this?

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since your issue is more related to MySQL for Visual studio, I would suggest that you could post your issue on MySQL for Visual studio forum for suitable support.

https://forums.mysql.com/list.php?174

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:23 AM