Can't open Deployment Administrator RRS feed

• Question

• We have an interesting issue, and I'm wondering if anyone can assist.

The AD account which was used to install CRM has been deleted.  Also, the CRM account associated with this user has been deleted.  So therefore, the only user which was a member of our Deployment Administrator's group is now gone from both AD and CRM.

Is there any workaround for this, as now we cannot open Deployment Administrator.  Thank you!
    Friday, February 26, 2010 6:47 PM

Answers

• This is what I have done in the past. Similar to the above approach but I edit the table and add manully.

I've gone quickly through it and I don't think I have missed anything.

1. Add a user to the SystemUser table in MSCRM_CONFIG DB

SystemUser table

[DefaultOrganizationId] = your default org id
    [Id] = a new guid
    [Name] = your domain name
    [IsDeleted] = 0

There will already be a row in this table with the default administator so just copy the default org from there.

2. Add your above user to the SystemUserRoles table

[id] = a new guid
    [SecurityRoleId] = the SecutityRole id from the SecurityRole table, but just copy from the other row as it will be the default admin
    [SystemUserId] = the id from the SystemUser table that you just added above
    [UniqueifierId] = null
    [IsDeleted] = 0

Let me know how it goes?

You may need to place your user in the PrivUserGroup AD Group but try the above first before doing this.

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by burnsmeb Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:20 PM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 11:29 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately there is no way (*Microsoft supported way*) you can get the Deployment Manager to work if the Only account that has permissions has been deleted. :-(

• Proposed as answer by Kaustubh Giri Friday, February 26, 2010 7:06 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Try running this SQL query against your MSCRM_CONFIG database and let me know what returns.

Select * from SystemUser

• Edited by Kaustubh Giri Friday, February 26, 2010 7:12 PM Editing the info
    Friday, February 26, 2010 7:04 PM
  • There is only unsupported way to do it. Here it's a instruction step-by-step how to do it:

http://crmdude.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/create-deployment-administrator-via-database/

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Monday, March 1, 2010 12:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by burnsmeb Monday, March 1, 2010 5:31 PM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 12:42 PM
  • Thanks, Kaustubh.  I ran the query, and got 69 results.  Looks like that's the 62 active CRM users, plus 6 inactive users, plus the 1 account that's been deleted.  I'm guessing that's the specific return that you're interested in:

DefaultOrganizationID: this GUID is all zeros.
    ID: a proper GUID appears here.
    Name: the user's domain\username (which has since been deleted from AD) appears here
    isDeleted: 0

Monday, March 1, 2010 4:13 PM
  • This did not work for me.  I made it through the steps without any issues, but still could not get into Deployment Administrator.  Same message about needing to be a member of Deployment Administrator group.  Thanks anyway!
    Monday, March 1, 2010 5:31 PM
  • This is what I have done in the past. Similar to the above approach but I edit the table and add manully.

I've gone quickly through it and I don't think I have missed anything.

1. Add a user to the SystemUser table in MSCRM_CONFIG DB

SystemUser table

[DefaultOrganizationId] = your default org id
    [Id] = a new guid
    [Name] = your domain name
    [IsDeleted] = 0

There will already be a row in this table with the default administator so just copy the default org from there.

2. Add your above user to the SystemUserRoles table

[id] = a new guid
    [SecurityRoleId] = the SecutityRole id from the SecurityRole table, but just copy from the other row as it will be the default admin
    [SystemUserId] = the id from the SystemUser table that you just added above
    [UniqueifierId] = null
    [IsDeleted] = 0

Let me know how it goes?

You may need to place your user in the PrivUserGroup AD Group but try the above first before doing this.

Monday, March 1, 2010 11:29 PM
  • Thanks, Kaustubh.  I ran the query, and got 69 results.  Looks like that's the 62 active CRM users, plus 6 inactive users, plus the 1 account that's been deleted.  I'm guessing that's the specific return that you're interested in:

DefaultOrganizationID: this GUID is all zeros.
    ID: a proper GUID appears here.
    Name: the user's domain\username (which has since been deleted from AD) appears here
    isDeleted: 0

Let me test something and send to you an e-mail with steps.
    Your e-mail is?

Kaustubh Giri
    Monday, March 1, 2010 11:30 PM
  • Thanks, Rhett - this did it!  I was able to modify the systemuser table by substituting an active AD account for the deleted AD account.  We can now open Deployment Manager on the CRM Server.
    • Unmarked as answer by burnsmeb Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Thank you for being so willing to help - I've resolved the issue.
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Excellent
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:40 PM