none
Slipstreaming Home Server Power Packs? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a TechNet Subscriber and am finally getting around to looking at trying out Home Server - but the only download is for Home Server with Power Pack 1.  Is there a way to slipstream PP2/PP3 (when final bits are released) or could you guys look into getting updated media over to the TechNet download guys?  Service Packs are a pain to download and install via windows update (takes awhile; download & install) I would just as soon slip it in pre-install, or just grab updated media.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:37 AM

Answers

• Microsoft is, I believe, working on getting updated media into the various channels. I don't know if they will update the MSDN/Technet downloads, however, as that will require regeneration of license keys, etc.

And there's no supported way to slipstream Power Pack 2 or 3 that I'm aware of.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Qlaras Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:22 PM

All replies

• Microsoft is, I believe, working on getting updated media into the various channels. I don't know if they will update the MSDN/Technet downloads, however, as that will require regeneration of license keys, etc.

And there's no supported way to slipstream Power Pack 2 or 3 that I'm aware of.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Qlaras Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Darn, hopefully they *can* update the downloads without needing to generate new keys.  Thanks for the info, even if it isn't what I was hoping for.
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:32 PM