Boot Disk Error RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a new seagate 1TB hard drive and did a quick format, installed XP. When I boot up the pc after the power was shut off (at the power bar) I get a boot disk error. When I reboot or boot up with the power bar left on, there are no problems. I guess the obvious answer is don't shut the power off, but I am wondering if there could be an underlying problem. I don't want to go to far with installs and saving work until I know what's wrong.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:38 PM

Answers

• I installed a new seagate 1TB hard drive and did a quick format, installed XP. When I boot up the pc after the power was shut off (at the power bar) I get a boot disk error. When I reboot or boot up with the power bar left on, there are no problems. I guess the obvious answer is don't shut the power off, but I am wondering if there could be an underlying problem. I don't want to go to far with installs and saving work until I know what's wrong.

Hi,

These are the Windows Home Server forums.  You will probably have more luck in the XP newsgroups.

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:50 PM