your comments RRS feed

• Question

• 1.)whats the difference between unix and linux?

2.) which you think is the "best to work" linux version??

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:02 PM

Answers

• ANS 1)

The main operational differences with unix:
    1) Big hole in the hip pocket for a home user
    2) Better stability for big corporate servers

Linux is perfectly stable enough for smallish servers, many ISPs run linux just fine. But if you go to a big server then you'll find that linux says "I can't handle this" and behaves unreliably (just as if you tried to run a small ISP on a windows 98 machine).]

ANS 2)

I think it is ... Debian

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:39 AM
  • Dont know the major difference, but Linux are also used in LARGE corporate offices. RedHat Linux being one such popular example.

Also the Govt of Europe is planning to replace all the Windows Machines with the Linux ones, for their entire egovernence, and other such govt. activities. So linux is feasible for extremey huge organizations as well..

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:27 PM

All replies

• ANS 1)

The main operational differences with unix:
    1) Big hole in the hip pocket for a home user
    2) Better stability for big corporate servers

Linux is perfectly stable enough for smallish servers, many ISPs run linux just fine. But if you go to a big server then you'll find that linux says "I can't handle this" and behaves unreliably (just as if you tried to run a small ISP on a windows 98 machine).]

ANS 2)

I think it is ... Debian

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:39 AM
  • Dont know the major difference, but Linux are also used in LARGE corporate offices. RedHat Linux being one such popular example.

Also the Govt of Europe is planning to replace all the Windows Machines with the Linux ones, for their entire egovernence, and other such govt. activities. So linux is feasible for extremey huge organizations as well..

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:27 PM