none
MSDN Recognition System as an SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• MSDN uses a nice badging and reputation system, and I was wondering if it is at all possible to have that as an SDK? I've dabbled with Bunchball and DemandMedia's engine and they seem to be okay...

Thanks,

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• There was an embed code option in the works.

John (or Profile team), any update on that?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:17 AM
    Owner
  • Okay, I asked our Profile PM.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:53 PM
    Owner
  • Awesome! Thanks!
    Friday, July 6, 2012 5:02 PM
  • The response I got was to embed the profile card. I need to follow up to get details.

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:56 AM
    Owner
  • I repinged Aaron with the question "How does someone embed the card on their website?"

This is the topic of "Profile Embed Feature".

Thanks!

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:50 PM
    Owner
  • I can give you instructions on how to embed the profile card on your site/blog. You'll need to email me individually for instructions. It's edprice at Microsoft.

Thanks!

Monday, August 20, 2012 4:59 PM
    Owner
  • Ed,

Thanks for responding to me.

So as far as embedding, I'm looking for more of a stand alone engine that you guys use for the badge and reputation system, baked into my .net site(s)

Is MSDN, or Microsoft inclined to allow me to use that engine for my sites?

Thanks!

-Vinny

Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:14 PM
  • No. The only thing available is some unsupported script I can send you via email.

Thanks!

Monday, September 24, 2012 11:14 PM
    Owner