Off Topic: Windows keeps switching windows priorty from one application to another RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I'm running WinXP SP2 and dont appear to have any viruses and have ran anti spyware a few times from a few sources.

My issue is on 2 pcs.

While either typing an email in Outlook or working online typing in anythying on a webpage or scrolling or searching or clicking or even working in different applications on my systems I'll suddenly notice that the pc goes "clunk" and I realize that the bright deep blue banner is now grey and has switched windows priority to something else. A quick alt tab gets me right back however this is not a fix. I'm not hitting any other keys or doing anything like that.

I am a video editor as well and notice this in my video app as well like while just watching the timeline play and not touching anything I'll go to hit the space bar which should stop the play line, it just keeps going as my system somehow has pushed that window behind something. I'll have to either hit alt tab or click in the app to activate it to front priority.

This is also happening on my laptop doing all the sames things as I listed here.

What is this and how can I stop this from happening.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:01 PM

All replies