off topic - windows issue? or virus? RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Yesterday I logged onto my computer and attempted to play a game. I went to use my vent program and all the info in it was gone. I then noticed that my trash bin was missing. Upon further inspection my task bar no longer had the quick links to the internet and desk top and all the favorites and address in my explorer were gone. I know that there were some updates for windows but I dont know if this could have caused it. I tried restarting my comp and when it came back my trash bin was back, but the wall paper was back to the original and the short cuts on my task bar were still missing. I attempted to play my game which froze on me so i had to restart the comp. Upon doing that at the windows log on for my user it failed to notice profile and i couldnt log on. I then reboot it and did a system restore which got my info back. I started in safemode and did a check with windows defender which came up with nothing. Apparently Trend Micro cannot scan in safemode.

To sum it up should i be worried for a virus or does this appear to be an issue with the windows updates possibly? Also not really sure if this is the place to post, sorry in advance Smile.

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:59 PM

All replies