Mesh is constantly uploading the same files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

first sorry my english :).

I have a problem with Mesh in my two sinchronized PCs (Xp Sp3). Mesh uploading something of 3,78Mb all time, one time and one again, and other, and other... in 5 minutes intervals.

In my Mesh news I don't see anything, only files that I put in my folder a lot of hours ago.

Any solutions??

Thank you and sorry again for my english!

Jorge
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 9:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Anyone experiencing this issue: If you're willing to help us determine the cause(s) please collect you Live Mesh logs (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums) and send them to lmprev@microsoft.com, mentioning bug 24786 in the Subject line.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:45 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem here.

I think that is a sort of rss update.

Btw i sent the log file to imprev@something.somethingelse, don't remember the exact address but i got it right in the email. Hope you can do something. Full description of the problem in the email body.

Thanks

Lello
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:36 PM
  • What's in the folders that you're syncing? If the files there are changing at all - sometimes a program can make a change simply by looking at a file - then Mesh will copy it over. If accessed/modified dates are changing, then that might be a cause. The logs should help explain it.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:41 PM
    Friday, November 7, 2008 7:32 PM
  • Same problem here.  Constantly uploading some random files with no indication of what is being uploaded.  Finishes, waits awhile and then restarts the upload.  

This saturates my VPN connection and I have to exit live mesh to log into work.

If you want a log file, please let me know where to send it.  Thanks.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

Please go ahead and collect your logs and submit a bug.  Instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:10 PM
  • I checked the instructions, but those were for the Tech Preview, and things seem to have changed for the Beta bug reporting process.  I logged into the connect site, added Live Mesh Beta to my dashboard, but there's no Feedback link to click, so I don't seem to have an option for submitting this bug.  I can still submit it via the email link, but I was hoping to use the snazzy interface. 

Matty
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:52 PM
  • Mattya25 said:

I checked the instructions, but those were for the Tech Preview, and things seem to have changed for the Beta bug reporting process.  I logged into the connect site, added Live Mesh Beta to my dashboard, but there's no Feedback link to click, so I don't seem to have an option for submitting this bug.  I can still submit it via the email link, but I was hoping to use the snazzy interface. 

Matty

Hi Matty,

Do you see a Feedback tab once you're on the Live Mesh Beta Connect page?  The process in the instructions hasn't changed, so if you have access to the Live Mesh Connect site you should be able to leave feedback much as before.  What do you see when you visit that page?  If you want to make sure that you have access, please send your Live ID to lmprev@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:28 PM
  • I bet Process Monitor would shed some light on the particulars for you.
    Friday, November 14, 2008 7:03 AM
  • Definately having similiar issues - huge CPU usage and files being constantly uploaded...

I will say that high CPU usage seems to be realted to file transer - but 40-90% seems very excessive - in some case killing the machines usability.

The issue above I have also had where one day it just started uploading blocks of into and it would not stop for 3 plus days - finally I gave up and un synced all the folders - deleated them off the machine they were syncing to and started the process over.. the one small folder - 1.6gb seemed to sync up fine - the issues started when syncing to the folder that I setup to P2p sync from my desktop to laptop as a test - it has 10gb. And it still has not synced coreectally and its been about 4 plus days of constant file transfer..... and this is on a very robust cable connection... SO I think there is definately something wonky going on...

Friday, November 14, 2008 7:09 AM
  • Ben,

I'm able to log in fine to the connect site, and open the dashboard.  Here are links to 2 pictures of what I see.
    http://grape.andersonscience.net/Untitled-1%20copy.jpg
    http://grape.andersonscience.net/copy.jpg

I think I'm in the right place, but there's no "feedback" link anywhere other than for "oslo", but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

I did email my bug report to that address anyway.

Thanks,
    Matty
    • Edited by Mattya25 Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:21 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 7:48 PM
  • I got the same issues described by JorgeSpain including the one with my english:P

The only difference is that i'm using Vista Ultimate on all my devices.

Mesh is constatly synchronizing files. I submitted 2 logs to lmprev@microsoft.com since i don't have the option to send feedbacks on the connection site.

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong tho, but the screens look exactly the same Mattya25 posted.

Thanks

Lello
    Monday, November 17, 2008 12:10 AM
  • I've been using LM since the summer and upgraded to the current version on the day it came out late last month. My bandwidth was normal every day since I've been tracking it in August, but three days after installing the latest version of the client, I've been noticing 2GB to 3GB of uploading as recorded by my bandwidth meter. In most cases, this dwarfs my downloading by 3X or 4X. That's never happened before here, where it's normally just the opposite. So whatever this is, it wasn't happening before the new version. I think a hotfix or workaround is needed.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:12 AM
  • I also have the samen problem.
    Mesh keeps uploading files that are already on the livedesktop, even if they are not changed.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

Anyone experiencing this issue: If you're willing to help us determine the cause(s) please collect you Live Mesh logs (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums) and send them to lmprev@microsoft.com, mentioning bug 24786 in the Subject line.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:45 PM