Thermal Infrared Image Mosaicking RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a graduate student using a FLIR thermal camera to collect imagery from a drone. I'm trying to mosaic the gray scale images together and keep the pixel temperature data in the tiff file. ICE appears to create a composite image without any issues but the resulting image is just blank white space. Is there a way for ICE to not lose the data value that is associated with each pixel in the tiff file? I use Envi 4.8 for my image analysis. The same images in jpg format look great, but do not have the necessary temp data included. 
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:23 AM

All replies

• I'm a graduate student using a FLIR thermal camera to collect imagery from a drone. I'm trying to mosaic the gray scale images together and keep the pixel temperature data in the tiff file. ICE appears to create a composite image without any issues but the resulting image is just blank white space. Is there a way for ICE to not lose the data value that is associated with each pixel in the tiff file? I use Envi 4.8 for my image analysis. The same images in jpg format look great, but do not have the necessary temp data included. 
    I have a similar but different question. Will ICE faithfully retain all the layers when stitching together a multi-spectral image containing 4 or 5 bands? 
    Sunday, October 4, 2015 5:37 PM