Nortel AS Load Balancing configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to configure Load Balancing for OCS EE in consolitated mode.
    It's a High Availability Load Balancing with two Nortel AS 2208 (Alteon).

The load balancing for client connection works fine (all clients are forwarded to the first and second FE).

No problems for clients on the same FE to talk (IM/Audio/etc) together, but when I want to talk to an user on the other FE the toast never come.

Ping between the both OCS FE works fine, ping from outside and to the both FE works fine. But with the MMC I can't manage FE servers.

On the VIP I have port 5060, 5061, 444, 443, 135...

If somebody has a solution or an idea ??!!
    Or a configuration example, documentation.

Thanks a lot.

David

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:14 PM

All replies

• Perhaps you can review this document from Nortel describing a lab system with their Application Switches

http://www.nortelcala.com/Brazil/docs/2008_01_22_Load_Balancing_Microsoft_OCS_2007_TCG_NN48500530.pdf

Greetz,

Tonino Bruno

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:37 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your help.

But yes I tried to use this document but with no success ...

When I put OCS Server in a different VLAN I can't access to server (AD/SQL and client) on the other VLAN. I'm trying to put VLAN Routing but I don't really know how to.

Has somebody already put a Nortel Load Balacing ??

David

Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:51 AM
  • David,

Did you try to configure both communicator clients to connect directly to each of the Front-End Server. User 1 on FE1 and User2 on FE2. This way you should be able to test the OCS features without the loadbalancer and see if it all works.

you will need to configure the Commmunicator clients manually with the server FQDN matching the server's TLS certificate.

Then you are certain the problem is related to your load balancing config and not something else.

Other then that I don't have much experience with the Nortel AS

Sincerely,

Tonino Bruno

Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:24 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you again for all !!

I tried without LB and direct connection of clients to FE 1 and 2 and it works.

So it's a LB configuration problem. But I don't know where is the problem. Load Balancing work and communication on the same FE work. There is a problem of communication between FE but they can successfully ping together

Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:34 PM
  • And you are sure your firmware is higher then 22 as indicated by the deployment guide I provided in an earlier post?

I am afraid I can help you much further. Perhaps the Nortel Support center has a forum where you can post your question as well.

Sincerely,

Tonino Bruno

Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:36 PM
  • Thank you again for trying to help me, i really appreciated.

Yes, I will see with Nortel Support or an other solution...
    Or probably somebody will pass on the forum and post his Nortel LB configuration during the next days ? I hope so Smile

David
    Friday, October 10, 2008 8:20 AM