Connecting to WHS (new Install) from a new Windows 7 Pro client on a home network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys I have seen some posts on connector problems but they dont seem to fit mine. I have a new install of WHS and a win7 pro client (all new hardware). I can see the WHS from the Win7 client and also see the Win7 client from WHS. The connector finds the WHS as when it is asking for the password I can press the Password Hint button and get my password hint. I have not forgotten the password as I can use it to logon onto the WHS using the Administrator account (same Password). But when i enter the password I get the message "The password is incorrect. ... etc" OK, where to now? Do we need a map of my connections? the WHS is wired to a router which is daisy chained to my broadband router. I actually have my whole house wired so all the ports (8 off) are being used by several client computers (kids x 3 and wife and mine and an old SBS2003 box which I am decommissioning after i finish getting the WHS setup! Everything works fine from each PC and the Servers ie I can access the internet as normal from everywhere and all the exisint clients can access the SBS2003 pc and I can access the WHS pc from my new Win7 pc. I am entering this question from the WHS box. Cheers Jeff
    Friday, July 16, 2010 12:33 PM

Answers

• Guys MY problems was solved in another post on the same subject... by Don Palmer... I had the same problem as above and although the LAN Manager setting DID work I was unhapy with this 'fix'. Turns out that although the time was correct the DATE was not!!! DOH Although I had set UK, English, GMT etc. during the install of WHS it had stored the settings of US -8 GMT etc.!! Oh Well - C'est la vie Don IT HAS WORKED A TREAT!!! THKS DON!!
    • Marked as answer by stickly Friday, July 16, 2010 12:53 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 12:53 PM