none
A question on tagging on MSDN in MSDN/Technet community content RRS feed

• Question

• I note from the MSDN and TechNet library, there's a lot of nice community content (Yeah!). I love the tag cloud, but have a question on tag format.

I notice one of the largest tagclouds is "constant;" - note the trailing semi-colon. The other tags, eg "powershell" have no trailing semi-colon. This is both wasteful and inconstent. In the interests of consistency at least can we have:

1. The tag cloud editor remove any trailing semi-colons.

2. A bulk edit to remove any tags with trailing semi's?

I'm all for consistency.

Thomas

PS: Can we please get these forums gated to NNTP (my spelling chuccker's betterer) :-)

Sunday, April 6, 2008 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

We have wrestled with what special chars will be available and not.  We sided with letting the community do the work for now.

We are looking to allow bulk editing of tags in the future.  Like edit "constant;" and save as "constant" across the board.

Thanks for the suggestion,
    Clayton
    Thursday, May 1, 2008 11:53 PM
  • Clayton,

Thanks for the comments.

For the time being (i.e. until these features get built), I've done things the hard way and have manually changed each entry.

The tag list is now a bit cleaner.

:-)

Thomas Lee - MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Thomas Lee Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Thomas Lee Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:14 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

We have wrestled with what special chars will be available and not.  We sided with letting the community do the work for now.

We are looking to allow bulk editing of tags in the future.  Like edit "constant;" and save as "constant" across the board.

Thanks for the suggestion,
    Clayton
    Thursday, May 1, 2008 11:53 PM
  • Clayton,

Thanks for the comments.

For the time being (i.e. until these features get built), I've done things the hard way and have manually changed each entry.

The tag list is now a bit cleaner.

:-)

Thomas Lee - MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Thomas Lee Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Thomas Lee Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:14 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:11 AM