Site not showing up Live.com but is everywhere else... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having a problem with my site not showing up in Live.com (under the business name) even though it is showing up in all other major search engines.  I have optimized the site in every way possible and I don't understand why its only not showing up on live.com  =(

Any ideas?
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:39 AM

Answers

• Thedevnull

There are a lot of potential factors that could be causing you issues. Do you mind sharing the URL?  We can take a look at the site and share what might be causing you issues.  Others may have the same problem so it could be good for everyone to take a look at the issue.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Just to add further detail.  In Live Webmaster Tools the site shows as:

Last crawl as of 11/7/08
    100 pages indexed
    Domain score 5/5
    Blocked = NO
    >200 Backlinks

Obviously besides that I have optimized the site in terms of Title, Meta's and even sitemaps.  Again live.com is the only search engine of all of them that fails to index the site. 

Any ideas?

Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:22 PM
  •  thedevnull wrote:
    Hello,

Just to add further detail.  In Live Webmaster Tools the site shows as:

Last crawl as of 11/7/08
    100 pages indexed
    Domain score 5/5
    Blocked = NO
    >200 Backlinks

Obviously besides that I have optimized the site in terms of Title, Meta's and even sitemaps.  Again live.com is the only search engine of all of them that fails to index the site. 

Any ideas?

How old is your site?
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:50 PM
  • Hello Emodx,

It is 5 years old.  Oddly enough it seems since the name is related to a scientific term the LIVE seems to be indexing the unrelated scientific term and NOT the business term.  This is ODD because no other search engine is having this problem indexing under the company name and all the signs above in Live webmaster tools say its there. 

Anyone from MS Search team?

Anyone???
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:25 AM
  • Anyone have any ideas?

Brett???  I implore you for your expert opinion.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
    Friday, November 21, 2008 6:01 PM
  • Thedevnull

There are a lot of potential factors that could be causing you issues. Do you mind sharing the URL?  We can take a look at the site and share what might be causing you issues.  Others may have the same problem so it could be good for everyone to take a look at the issue.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:16 PM
  • Sorry I logged in with the wrong account. Please give me some more details and we will do our best to help.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Hello Jeremiah,

Thanks for getting back to me. =)  Would I be able to contact you directly?  I can use your address listed in your account profile.  The only reason I hesitate to share the site is that last time I did that I had all these annoying Black Hats bothering me later.  Can I just email you?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:12 PM
  • Hello Jeremiah,

What other info would you like? 

Thanks,
    J
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:53 PM