Gatineau Product Demo. Please provide the link. We have to pay to check the demo? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Pls. provide the Gatineau product demo link. Hope, you won't charge to provide the Gatineau Product Demo demo!!!

It is not fair to charge the product which is in beta stage, while others are prodiving this service for FREE. We have to pay you Five USD to test your product in evaluation stage. Atleast you should have given this product for free for an given trail period (may be 15 days/ 1 month).  I am sorry to say this "Don't be greedy............................". It is not a good marketing strategy or good practice. "THIS IS A COMPETITIVE WORLD"
    Thanks

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hi ramkichn,

Let me address the $5 fee first, then I’ll give the link to sign-up for the Beta.

The $5 fee is actually an administrative fee to create an adCenter account.  Gattineau is currently linked to the adCenter interface, so in order to access it, you need an adCenter account.   We understand this is frustrating, and the current plan is for Gattineau  to be available without the fee, as soon as possible.  Possibly in Beta 2.  Unfortunately, we are somewhat beholden to the adCenter development cycle, for breaking out of the current interface, so I can’t give exact dates.

So in the long run, you won’t need to pay the $5 to use Gattineau.

Now, in the short term, Gattineau is currently in an invitational Beta mode, which means you need to sign up for the invite list, and we will send you an invitation when we reach your name on the list.  Unfortunately, it is a fairly good size list, so it may take a little time to reach your name.   We are averaging a wave every two weeks.   How many are in each wave of invites is variable, so once again, I can’t give you a hard date on when you would receive your invite.

The link to sign-up for the beta is as follows:

http://advertising.microsoft.com/microsoft-adcenter-gatineau

Thanks for your interest!

Brian.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:08 PM
  • I don't see why that page had to be designed to not work with Firefox; what a shame. I hope you aren't blocking out firefox users from your analytics results.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:35 PM
  • HI,

Thanks for pointing out this issue.  We are not blocking Firefox from using Analytics to my knowledge, nor are those using Firefox blocked from reporting as page views in Gatineau.  Any browser that is not blocking JavaScript, should be logged as a view.

Which page are you having trouble viewing in Firefox? I'd like to do some tests and see if I can recreate the problem, so I can forward this on to my developers to be fixed.

Thanks!

Brian

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:58 PM