Service-specific error code -1008124857 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am trying to re-installed OCS 2007 standard edition but i can't start Office Communication Server-Front-End service. when i try to start this service, it fails with service-specific error code -1008124857.

Execute Action       Failure
    [0xC3EC79E8] One or more errors occurred while starting services. Please see individual service for more information.
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCSRV
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Front-End
    Service Status: Error
      Failure
    [0xC3EC79E6] Service failed to start as requested.
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCACPMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Telephony Conferencing
    Service Status: Already running
      Success
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCIMMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server IM Conferencing
      Success
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCDATAMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Web Conferencing
      Success
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCAVMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Audio/Video Conferencing
      Success

Is there anyone who can help- please

Thanks in advance.

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:57 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

I am writing this for everyone who may have the similar problems.

I have found the there are some previous installation's references in AD, which were creating trouble. It is very difficult to find and resolved all of those problems.

·         The best (probably only solution) option is to uninstall your current installation

·         Make sure again and again that you have deleted every references of your current and previous installations references from AD

·         Be very careful to delete your schema ( you may not need to delete it)

·         Start a fresh installation by following step-by-step guides which you will find in Microsoft TechNet Library.

I have done the same things (except deleting Schema) and my Office Communication Server 2007 is working with joy, without any trouble.

Thank you and good luck.

Mohammad Khan

Monday, December 8, 2008 10:08 PM

All replies

• Have you treid t rebuild the wbem repository.

Read Internet article on Repository and WMI --> info how to rebuild.

Let me know if it helps

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:17 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I will rebuild the WMI repository and let you know the result.

In the mean time i have used a diag tool (Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007  Best Practice Analyzer) and found the following errors------I post those, if those help.

--------

"Header","Severity","Title","Group Type","Group Name","Description","More Info Link"
    "Items of severity Warnings","Warning","Cannot find DNS 'Service Location' record.","Environment Assessment","DNS Servers","The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.xxx' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.2.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.","http://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidBPA?clid=1033&p1="
    "Items of severity Warnings","Warning","Cannot find DNS 'Service Location' record.","Environment Assessment","DNS Servers","The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.xxx' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.3.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.","http://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidBPA?

Thank you

Mohammad

Monday, November 24, 2008 10:04 PM
  • Hi All,

I am writing this for everyone who may have the similar problems.

I have found the there are some previous installation's references in AD, which were creating trouble. It is very difficult to find and resolved all of those problems.

·         The best (probably only solution) option is to uninstall your current installation

·         Make sure again and again that you have deleted every references of your current and previous installations references from AD

·         Be very careful to delete your schema ( you may not need to delete it)

·         Start a fresh installation by following step-by-step guides which you will find in Microsoft TechNet Library.

I have done the same things (except deleting Schema) and my Office Communication Server 2007 is working with joy, without any trouble.

Thank you and good luck.

Mohammad Khan

Monday, December 8, 2008 10:08 PM