Email Multiple Accounts/Contacts/Leads etc... RRS feed

• Question

• Within Dynamics what is the process if you want to send an email to multiple contacts/Accounts/Leads etc..?

I know this can be done by going into an email activity and choosing the contacts.... but is there a way to do it directly from a view? 

The "Direct Email" option makes you choose a templated message to send.  It would be nice if you can send out a regular manual email to multiple parties directly via a view.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:32 PM

Answers

• One quick way is to use quick campaigns, so you can select the contacts for example (in the view) go in the ribbon in the "Add" tab and select "Quick Campaign".

Then a wizard will open and you can select that you want to send an email and populate the email details. You can use a teplate or you can also type a regular email.

Hope that helps,

Gonzalo

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:47 PM

All replies

• One quick way is to use quick campaigns, so you can select the contacts for example (in the view) go in the ribbon in the "Add" tab and select "Quick Campaign".

Then a wizard will open and you can select that you want to send an email and populate the email details. You can use a teplate or you can also type a regular email.

Hope that helps,

Gonzalo

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:47 PM
  • Thanks for the tip Gonzalo!  You always have been very helpful with my Dynamics questions, I appreciate it!

Do you know if the Outlook plugin is needed for the emails to send? 

Friday, May 11, 2012 6:38 PM
  • James,

If you have CRM Email Router installed, you don't need the Outlook plugin to send the email.

Also make sure that the user who will be sending email has the correct "Email access type - Outgoing" setting set to Email Router.

Dimaz Pramudya - CRM Developer - CSG (Melbourne) www.xrmbits.com http://twitter.com/xrmbits

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hi James,

The Outlook plugin is only one of the supported configurations for sending emails, you could use email router, SMTP. I recommend you take a look at the CRM Implementation Guide which will have all the details on Email management http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3621.

Hope that helps!

Monday, May 14, 2012 1:24 PM
  • We do have the Email Router installed.  The only reason I asked is that there were a few instances where 2 of our users created Email Activities but they never got sent out.  Once they installed the Outlook plugin, the emails were sent out.  We had our Email Router installed the whole time so I am not sure why it didn't send out the emails for those users but recently users without the plugin sent emails successfully so I am hoping it is ok.

THanks again all.

Monday, May 14, 2012 8:26 PM