Purchasing Windows Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am using the trial version of Windows Live OneCare right now and it is due to expire soon. From what I understand I will have to pay $49.00 a year to use this version.

I can purchase Windows Live OneCare from Wal Mart for $26.00. If I do this then will I have to pay anything to use it online?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 5:40 AM

Answers

• You can purchase One Care at Walmart. To activate your subscription open the One Care trial, select ""Subscribe", follow the prompts and when you reach the payment page select "Pre-Paid PIN or Token" as the payment method. Enter the 25 character product key included with the CD and your subscription will activate.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:05 PM

All replies

• You can purchase One Care at Walmart. To activate your subscription open the One Care trial, select ""Subscribe", follow the prompts and when you reach the payment page select "Pre-Paid PIN or Token" as the payment method. Enter the 25 character product key included with the CD and your subscription will activate.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:05 PM
  • Will I have to pay the $49.00 a year to keep my subscription activated? I guess what I am asking is this; if I buy the One Care at Wal Mart how much is it going to cost me to keep the subscription?

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 4:44 PM
  • When the one year subscription to One Care is due to expire you can shop for the least expensive retail One Care package and use the enclosed product key to renew.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 4:58 PM
  • The subscription is an annual renewal. If you purchase it at a retailer and use the key (inside the box, typically on the back of the CD tray) to activate, you will have started a 12 month subscription and there are no additional charges.

Within about 30 days of expiration, OneCare will start nagging you to renew. If you renew online, it will be at the full retail price. You can purchase another retail copy of OneCare and use that retail key to renew for 12 more months, which will take effect on expiration of the first 12 month subscription.

-steve

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 5:05 PM