HP EX475 will not update HP Media Smart software after reload of OS. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently reloaded the OS for other reason, which that problem is now fixed, but during the update process app the MS updates were pulled down like clockwork, but there is an applet to check for updates for the HP software on the console, I do so, it says it will do so in the background, and so far it is at revision 1.1.1.13411.
    Is there an .exe for 2.5 that I can download and apply?
    I am running only Diskeeper for WHS, Advanced admin console, and WHS disk management addins. I have removed all but diskeeper and no change. I have 2GB of memory installed, and 4 1TB disks.

Any suggestions to either get this thing to actually pull code down from HP or as I mentioned earlier, manually apply the latest, 2.5 something.

Thanks
    • Edited by techguy365 Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:53 PM typo
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:44 PM

Answers

• You have the most recent software that HP has released for your server. 2.5 isn't supported on the 47x series...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:55 PM

All replies

• You have the most recent software that HP has released for your server. 2.5 isn't supported on the 47x series...
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:55 PM
  • Ken,

Thanks for the quick response, but...

Before I rebuilt it had 1.3-R1 It was needed to support my x64 clients. That update came down automatically some time ago.

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/01/21/hp-releases-hpmss-13-r1-software-update

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:06 PM
  • I'm about 3200 miles from my HP 47x (and it's not configured for remote access this week), so I can't really check for version numbers. Have you considered contacting HP about how to get the update to download, though?
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:26 PM