none
Is there a "dictionary" of terms available RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any Microsoft source to look up terms, especially the ones found in the MSDN forums, things like popfly, gadgets, cat.net, syncfx, CTP.

I could spend time looking into each one to learn what it is, but with all the new technologies being developed on a regular basis it is hard to keep up with all the new terms and acronyms.  It would be good to be able to easily get a definition of what they are so I could know if it would be something I should take the time to learn more about.  It seems new things are added so quickly that it becomes difficult to keep up with all the new terms.

I can search Microsoft and I get a lot of hits but I then need to potentially follow several links before I get an understanding of what the tools is.  A "dictionary" would give a quick, clear, and concise definition which I then could follow if I wanted more information.

Wikipedia could be used, but because it is not Microsoft specific, terms may not be found or matches may be too broad.

Friday, May 1, 2009 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies