change product key RRS feed

• Question

• i have windows seven pirated version installed on my laptop but now i have purchase original window 7 home basic, can i make it genuine without formating my whole pc.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 8:51 AM

Answers

• "shahid7417" wrote in message news:76082798-f0d0-4e24-b22c-a856001bbea9...
    i have windows seven pirated version installed on my laptop but now i have purchase original window 7 home basic, can i make it genuine without formating my whole pc.

Assuming that you have the same version and edition currently installed, you can use the Change Product Key link at the bottom of the System Properties page to update the Key to your legal one. You may have to activate by phone.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, April 4, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Windows 7 Home Basic is available only in emerging markets such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, the People's Republic of China, Colombia, India, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, and Turkey. It is not available in developed technology markets countries including in Western and Central Europe, North America, Hong Kong, Australia and Saudi Arabia. Some Aero options are excluded along with several new features. Windows 7 Home Basic, along with other editions sold in emerging markets, include geographical activation restriction, which requires users to activate Windows within a certain region or country.

Assuming your copy of Windows 7 Home Basic is genuine, you will need to perform a "clean install".

Carey Frisch
    Monday, April 4, 2011 4:02 PM

All replies

• "shahid7417" wrote in message news:76082798-f0d0-4e24-b22c-a856001bbea9...
    i have windows seven pirated version installed on my laptop but now i have purchase original window 7 home basic, can i make it genuine without formating my whole pc.

Assuming that you have the same version and edition currently installed, you can use the Change Product Key link at the bottom of the System Properties page to update the Key to your legal one. You may have to activate by phone.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, April 4, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Windows 7 Home Basic is available only in emerging markets such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, the People's Republic of China, Colombia, India, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, and Turkey. It is not available in developed technology markets countries including in Western and Central Europe, North America, Hong Kong, Australia and Saudi Arabia. Some Aero options are excluded along with several new features. Windows 7 Home Basic, along with other editions sold in emerging markets, include geographical activation restriction, which requires users to activate Windows within a certain region or country.

Assuming your copy of Windows 7 Home Basic is genuine, you will need to perform a "clean install".

Carey Frisch
    Monday, April 4, 2011 4:02 PM