2002 with Passport password RRS feed

• Question

• I have M2002 (an international version but I live in the UK) that meets my needs (although is a bit slow sometimes).

The data file has a Passport password associated with it. Up until now using it under XP, I've just used it in offline mode. XP remembers the password so this is painless.

I've just done a fresh install of Win7 64bit (as a dual boot on a new disc so still have totally access to my XP version).

M2002 installs and works and i can open my data, download stock quotes etc. But Win7 will not rememeber the passowrd. I would love to fix this or get rid of the password completely (obviously I tried to do that but Passport is no longer available).

What are my options ? M2005 with 1105 ? one of the sunset versions ?

Thanks

Steve

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:48 PM

All replies

• I have M2002 (an international version but I live in the UK) that meets my needs (although is a bit slow sometimes).

The data file has a Passport password associated with it. Up until now using it under XP, I've just used it in offline mode. XP remembers the password so this is painless.

I've just done a fresh install of Win7 64bit (as a dual boot on a new disc so still have totally access to my XP version).

M2002 installs and works and i can open my data, download stock quotes etc. But Win7 will not rememeber the passowrd. I would love to fix this or get rid of the password completely (obviously I tried to do that but Passport is no longer available).

What are my options ? M2005 with 1105 ? one of the sunset versions ?

Thanks

Steve

Write down your Passport credentials so that you don't forget that.

Is your *.mny in your Documents folder? If not, try putting it there to see if your credentials get remembered.

I think Money 2005 international would let you remove the Passsport. I don't know where you would get that, and you would need to complete that including getting the 1105 update before the end of the month. I don't see that as a likely option. 

Another alternative, with significant downside, is to do a QIF export and import into the same or other version.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:26 PM
  • Thanks for the quick resposne. Not hopeful then....

More questions :

Will M2005 UK version read my M2002 file? I have a copy of M2005 UK on the way to me (just in case...)

I did try the sunset version and that coverts my M2002 file no problem. If I use sunset can I a)still import dowloaded .qif files from my bank b)imprt stock quotes (all the ones I want are available on Yahoo) with Pocketsense ?

Thanks again

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Thanks for the quick resposne. Not hopeful then....

More questions :

Will M2005 UK version read my M2002 file? I have a copy of M2005 UK on the way to me (just in case...)

I did try the sunset version and that coverts my M2002 file no problem. If I use sunset can I a)still import dowloaded .qif files from my bank b)imprt stock quotes (all the ones I want are available on Yahoo) with Pocketsense ?

I am surprised that Sunset converted your file. Nice. I would try making a standard level 2 repaired version of that file, and go with that.

Sunset will download QIF and OFX , and it will work well with PocketSense. As with other versions, it uses the local settings to interpret whether the QIF dates are dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy. OFX does not have that regional issue.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:52 PM