Outlook - immediately sending mail message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've got a question.

I have to immediately send a email through Outlook (03/07) from my application (yes, I know it's a strange way but I have to do it this way). Send method (on MailItem) just put a new mail message into a Output Box. Is there a simple way to send this message real time ? Opening Outlook process and closing it after is quite a 'dirty' way to do it.

Cheers,
    Kuba

• Moved by jack 321 Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:20 AM off topic
    Monday, June 9, 2008 3:00 PM

Answers

• Discussions in office development
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.officedev&lang=en&cr=US 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:20 AM
  • This was moved to the Off Topic forum. I can move it to a specific forum for you, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:42 AM

All replies

• Are you saying that you have to go via Outlook? You can't use the SmtpClient class?

Mattias, C# MVP
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:53 AM
  • Exactly, I have to use Outlook (:/) ... but there is a slight chance I will be able to connect to a Lotus server.

Using SMTP or Lotus is so simple but my client don't want it that way :/

So is there a simple way to don't run Outlook process  (or just don't make Outlook visible like it's possible with other MS Office applications) ?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:28 AM
  • Discussions in office development
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.officedev&lang=en&cr=US 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:20 AM
  • This was moved to the Off Topic forum. I can move it to a specific forum for you, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:42 AM