none
MCTS EXAM 70-562 and MS Self-Paced Training Kit. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been programming in .Net since 2002 and have been writing .Net code in VS 2003,2005,2008 on a daily basis since 2007. I have been a professional developer since 1993. I would like to get certified.

I have read the entire MSTS Exam 70-562 Self-Paced Training Kit and worked all of the exercises. And when I take the practice Measure up tests I do not pass... So I have a few questions:

1) How close are the Measure up questions to what is actually on the Prometric tests? Are they the exact same questions as on the test.

2) If not, are the questions straight forward or somewhat tricky as on the practice test?

3) Any suggestions on extra training beyond the book that does not cost a small fortune?

Honestly I'm feeling quite discouraged after reading the book and failing at the practise tests...

Thanks,,, Joe

Monday, January 10, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

1.     Measure up practice tests are not the actual Prometric Questions. You will find similar or similar level questions on the actual exam.

2.     In my personal experience, I found mix questions. There are some straight forward and some tricky. You really need to know what you are doing to pass any Microsoft exam.  

3.     In addition to, Self-Paced Training kit, I would check Expert blog. Following is an example:

http://www.certsandprogs.com/search/label/70-562#axzz1AejiIbg7

Hope this is helpful and don’t be discouraged.  

Rubel Khan

My Blog!
    Connect with me at LinkedIn
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Monday, January 10, 2011 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

Rubel gave already a good answer. I would like to give you my personal experience, too:

The self-paced training kit is a very good start but to pass the exam it is important to have experience! So just going through the exercises is not enough in my eyes. I always played around with the stuff of each chapter. I tried to understand the different classes and how they work together. And then I went through the practice test of measureup. And I always tried to give the correct answer AND give reasons, why the other answers was wrong. If I was unable to do that correctly, I followed the links given with each question and read all about it and played around again.

With that preparations, I had no problem with the exams I took so far (and which is much more important: I got a deep knowledge of the stuff I learned!).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, January 10, 2011 7:22 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Joe,

1.     Measure up practice tests are not the actual Prometric Questions. You will find similar or similar level questions on the actual exam.

2.     In my personal experience, I found mix questions. There are some straight forward and some tricky. You really need to know what you are doing to pass any Microsoft exam.  

3.     In addition to, Self-Paced Training kit, I would check Expert blog. Following is an example:

http://www.certsandprogs.com/search/label/70-562#axzz1AejiIbg7

Hope this is helpful and don’t be discouraged.  

Rubel Khan

My Blog!
    Connect with me at LinkedIn
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Monday, January 10, 2011 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

Rubel gave already a good answer. I would like to give you my personal experience, too:

The self-paced training kit is a very good start but to pass the exam it is important to have experience! So just going through the exercises is not enough in my eyes. I always played around with the stuff of each chapter. I tried to understand the different classes and how they work together. And then I went through the practice test of measureup. And I always tried to give the correct answer AND give reasons, why the other answers was wrong. If I was unable to do that correctly, I followed the links given with each question and read all about it and played around again.

With that preparations, I had no problem with the exams I took so far (and which is much more important: I got a deep knowledge of the stuff I learned!).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, January 10, 2011 7:22 PM
    Answerer