none
Could a mod move this question please...? RRS feed

Answers

• If it wasn't abuse, using the Report as abuse link is wrong IMO.

I am just the messenger telling you what moderators and Microsoft representatives say to do.

I am also saying that Microsoft abuses terminology; I have said many times that they seem to do it intentionally to confuse us. You will have many more problems with Microsoft if you insist that things work the way they should.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Marked as answer by Peter Jamieson Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:38 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 12:30 AM

All replies

• You can use the Report as abuse link. I know it does not really seem to be abuse, just a mistake, but Microsoft is not the best at being precise.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:45 PM
  • Only a moderator in that forum can move. The simplest / quickest resolution is to copy / paste a new post in desired forum.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:52 PM
  • Thanks for the replies. Already suggested to the OP that they re-post. Either a mod. will see this post and act on it or they won't, etc...

Peter Jamieson

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:00 PM
  • If they're determined to wait for move then Sam's idea is best, flag it as only moderators in that forum will see the abuse flag.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:04 PM
  • Thanks.

My view is that these are Microsoft Forums, and that dealing with them is their responsibility, but sometimes things fall through the cracks.

And when that happens, it's really up to them to notice it and to decide what to do.

i.e. I think everyone non-Microsoft here has already done more than enough.

Peter Jamieson

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:15 PM
  • My experience is that microsoft employees are not very active in these forums. The task of moving threads is generally left to moderators in that forum to do. The chances of reaching a worddev moderator would be much higher in worddev forum. You can also email fissues but they would rather a moderator handle this task.

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:23 PM
  • Thanks Dave.

What I'm really saying is that if Microsoft doesn't notice and take action on move requests such as this, IMO it is not anyone else's responsibility. i.e., everyone has done enough.

If Microsoft has retreated into pretending that they are going to respond from some fissues email address, that is another matter. Because their track record on such things is completely unreliable.

Peter Jamieson

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:39 PM
  • I don't ever venture into that forum so I do not know how active or how many moderators there are. If that's something you have interest in then this one may help. Send Ed an email.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/user_ed/2013/01/19/how-to-become-an-msdn-forum-moderator/

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:47 PM
  • Thanks for the replies. Already suggested to the OP that they re-post. Either a mod. will see this post and act on it or they won't, etc...

Peter Jamieson

But did you try my suggestion? It is the type of suggestion I have been given multiple times in situations like this. Or is it against your principles? If so then I understand but that is how things work around here.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:29 AM
  • I had flagged it.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:38 AM
  • No I didn't try it.

"Against my principles" is a bit strong, but that's the essence of it, yes.

This particular group used to have a fair amount of intervention by MSFT but that appears to have lapsed. Vacation time, perhaps.

Peter Jamieson

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:52 AM
  • Dave,

I've come across Ed and I respect him.

I respect people who try to answer and I am quite happy to upvote their replies, as I have here. But a reply is not necessarily an *answer*.

What I don't respect at all is people who are moderators marking their own replies as Answers when they are really just replies.

I particularly don't respect people who are MVPs doing that, because being an MVP is not about *you*.

IMO you should un-MVP yourself until you understand that.

Peter Jamieson

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:04 PM
  • What I don't respect at all is people who are moderators marking their own replies as Answers when they are really just replies.

If you'll take a closer look you'll see that I didn't mark it.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:10 PM
  • My apologies, Dave.

Peter Jamieson

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:20 PM
  • Thanks.

My view is that these are Microsoft Forums, and that dealing with them is their responsibility, but sometimes things fall through the cracks.

And when that happens, it's really up to them to notice it and to decide what to do.

i.e. I think everyone non-Microsoft here has already done more than enough.

Peter Jamieson

It is really, really easy to use the use the Report as abuse link. Much easier than creating this thread. So there is no good reason to not do that even if you want to also lecture about principles. Really, there are other things that are much more important.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Sam,

If the post was merely misplaced, it wasn't abuse. I can't tell whether it was misplaced or not.

If it wasn't abuse, using the Report as abuse link is wrong IMO. I don't really care how "easy" it might be. I have just seen other communities destroyed because people thought that whatever it was they believed was above the rules. And that's what you seem to be claiming - you found a way to get around the rules, and it worked. So what is the consequence for those people who play by the rules?

FWIW I don't claim never to have ignored the rules. I just don't believe it's a very good idea to habitually ignore them.

I don't care how *easy* it might be to do what you suggest.  I don't regret creating this thread. I don't often ask questions here. I have, however, found it disappointing that despite the amount of unacknowledged help I've given here in these groups over the years, I didn't receive a single reply from Microsoft in this thread, an MVP made points out of it that IMO they didn't deserve, I made the mistake of blaming someone who didn't deserve it, and someone (you) ended up getting annoyed because, in the end, I didn't agree with you.

Peter Jamieson

Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:02 PM
  • If it wasn't abuse, using the Report as abuse link is wrong IMO.

I am just the messenger telling you what moderators and Microsoft representatives say to do.

I am also saying that Microsoft abuses terminology; I have said many times that they seem to do it intentionally to confuse us. You will have many more problems with Microsoft if you insist that things work the way they should.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Marked as answer by Peter Jamieson Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:38 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 12:30 AM
  • Thanks for sticking with it. I now have a much better idea about what I have to do next.

Peter Jamieson

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:37 PM