Microsoft Has Opened A whole Can Of Worms. RRS feed

• Question

• You know that it seems that Microsoft has opened a whole can of worms here and can't get the lid back on. My problem is that my limited user accounts won't validate. Even though my administrator account validates no problem.The instructions Microsoft has to repair this problem within thier flawed software are way too complicated.They created the mess why should we have to clean it up.I think the computer shop around the corner could fix it for about seventy five bucks.Can I submit the bill?Maybe a rocket scientist might come by and fix it up for me.I wonder if some people are going to give up and just pitch thier computers out the window.It must be very embarrassing to be a Microsoft tech when you release extremely flawed software and have to deal with the fallout.I think that this program is a flop.There are so many ways around it I think its the swiss cheese of soft ware.I must say that the moderators on this site are paitient and helpfull people and since they have been put in a bad situation my red hat is off to them.I think I'm going to finish off my day by eating an apple then installing Open Office.org in my computers and hereby banning  Microsoft Office from my machines.
    Friday, May 12, 2006 8:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• The limited account is intended for someone who should be prohibited from changing most computer settings and deleting important files.

A user with a limited account:

- Cannot install software or hardware, but can access programs that have already been installed on the computer.

- Can change his or her account picture and can also create, change, or delete his or her password.

- Cannot change his or her account name or account type. A user with a computer administrator account must make these kinds of changes.

Note:

Some programs might not work properly for users with limited accounts. If so, change the user's account type to computer administrator, either temporarily or permanently.

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:19 PM
  • Brand new Knowledge Base Article that should help:

Error messages when you try to validate a Windows XP-based computer by using Windows Genuine Advantage: "Product Key Inaccessible" and "0x80080212" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917050/en-us  

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:41 PM
  • This is way too compliacted for the average user the proplem is in the code you can't expect the general population the fix your problems that you have sent in to thier homes. Re write the code correctly to set the security permissions with out all the agravation and complicated instructions haw do it you think my 74 year Mom is even going to get her computer up in safe mode let alone figure out how to create permissions.What about the limited user that thinks his administrater is a thief should he turn his Mom and Dad into you turn in a thief line.There are going to be some legal ramifications about this can of Worms.Any way I hereby bann any Microsoft Office programs from my computers and any that I build in the future this is a firm commitment do to your treatment of my self and millions of users who have been falsely accused of theft.
    Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:53 AM
  • Sorry, I don't work for Microsoft and am not affiliated with Microsoft.  I only offer free advice I know will work and my comments were not meant to be insulting or gratuitous.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:51 PM
  • Leroy, please contain the readily enthusiasm :) While myself and the WGA group definitely appreciate all the help you've given us, there is no need to insult users. It will detract from the purpose of the forum - to help people get through frustrating times.

666 wrote:
    You know that it seems that Microsoft has opened a whole can of worms here and can't get the lid back on. My problem is that my limited user accounts won't validate. Even though my administrator account validates no problem.The instructions Microsoft has to repair this problem within thier flawed software are way too complicated.They created the mess why should we have to clean it up.I think the computer shop around the corner could fix it for about seventy five bucks.Can I submit the bill?Maybe a rocket scientist might come by and fix it up for me.I wonder if some people are going to give up and just pitch thier computers out the window.It must be very embarrassing to be a Microsoft tech when you release extremely flawed software and have to deal with the fallout.I think that this program is a flop.There are so many ways around it I think its the swiss cheese of soft ware.I must say that the moderators on this site are paitient and helpfull people and since they have been put in a bad situation my red hat is off to them.I think I'm going to finish off my day by eating an apple then installing Open Office.org in my computers and hereby banning  Microsoft Office from my machines.

666, please read the KB article posted by Leroy. It contains instructions to get your limited accounts genuine.

Not to worry, we have addressed this issue and are working to remedy it.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:13 AM