Framework initialization error. May be virus attack the Framework RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a application that run under .Net Framework 2.0. Now a days, i face a problem to start the application. The message is NET Framework Initialization Error C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded. When i uninstall the framework and reinstall it, sometimes it works but most often it's not. For this we have to format the harddisk and reinstall the XP. If i format only C and reinstall the XP, somethimes it not work. So i guess may be any kind of virus is responsible for this. I want to know, is there any virus that corrupt the framework? If there, what is the name of that virus. Is there any solution to protect the framework from generating this type of problem. My application is running in 128 franchises where every franchise has minimum 3 or 4 PCs and the users are not that much expert to reinstall the framework. So it would be great drawback to develop application using framework. I think Microsoft should take care of it as soon as possible.
    Let me know
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:16 AM

All replies