Windows Home Server and Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to view the backup files created by Windows Home Server on my Windows 7 computer, the backup will only go to 81% and then get the following error.  "Cannot connect to the backup service on the server.  Verify that all services are running."  I can view all the backups on the other machines, that were created with XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.   It is just the Windows 7 OS that is causing the problem.  The Windows 7 machine is the only machine that cannot view the other backup files.  Is this problem that can be fixed?

Thank you

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 4:22 AM

Answers

• b_stafford said:

When I attempt to view the backup files created by Windows Home Server on my Windows 7 computer, the backup will only go to 81% and then get the following error.  "Cannot connect to the backup service on the server.  Verify that all services are running."  I can view all the backups on the other machines, that were created with XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.   It is just the Windows 7 OS that is causing the problem.  The Windows 7 machine is the only machine that cannot view the other backup files.  Is this problem that can be fixed?

Thank you

If you are running Windows 7 build 7000 the fix is to move to a later Windows 7000 build. If you do not have access via the Windows 7 beta, please open SFR on another client running either XP or Vista.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:42 AM

All replies

• b_stafford said:

When I attempt to view the backup files created by Windows Home Server on my Windows 7 computer, the backup will only go to 81% and then get the following error.  "Cannot connect to the backup service on the server.  Verify that all services are running."  I can view all the backups on the other machines, that were created with XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.   It is just the Windows 7 OS that is causing the problem.  The Windows 7 machine is the only machine that cannot view the other backup files.  Is this problem that can be fixed?

Thank you

If you are running Windows 7 build 7000 the fix is to move to a later Windows 7000 build. If you do not have access via the Windows 7 beta, please open SFR on another client running either XP or Vista.

Thank you
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:42 AM
  • How can I determine if I have the latest build, and what is the latest build?  If I don't have the latest build for the Windows 7, where can I get it?

Thank you
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 4:57 PM
  • b_stafford said:

How can I determine if I have the latest build, and what is the latest build?  If I don't have the latest build for the Windows 7, where can I get it?

Thank you

You can determine your build number by typing "winver" in the search box.  Unfortunately, at this time, there are no Windows 7 builds available for public download. Testers must be part of a NDA beta program.

Thank you
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:17 PM