If I was developing Windows Mobile 7, I would have …. RRS feed

• Question

• I would have taken Silverlight 2.0 and integrated it to the core of the OS, then rebuild the user interface over it.

I remember my first Windows CE device 9 years ago, and my Windows Mobile 6.1 today isn’t much different, tiny keyboard, small menus, just makes you hate using it.

I don’t browse the internet on Window Mobile, I only ready the news on Opera mobile beta, and it is still slow and unpractical.

I got my first ipod touch a month ago and I love it, it is just like a device of the future, the colors, the feel the touch, the simple animation, everything, it is just perfect!

I don’t believe that Windows Mobile 7 will be much different from Mobile 6.1 or 6.5, beside multi touch and more features maybe.

Otherwise, I think we will still have the same tiny controls, and the same concept.

If I was managing the Windows Mobile 7 development, I would have taken Silverlight 2 or 3.0 and made it the core of the phone, I don’t really care about compatibility at this point, and will build the new phone over it.

I hate the fact they my htc touch will never ring if it is in my pocket because the screen is touching the pocket, I hate the alarm clock and the way you set it, I hate the media player that stops as soon as you turn off the screen, I hate the tiny buttons and messages, I don’t like my phone :-(

I love that I am able to read Google News in the morning on my window mobile, but that’s about it, I guess I can read that site on any other phone.

iPhone is very expensive, maybe all what I need after all is a standard phone and an ipod touch, I don’t believe windows mobile will be going anywhere

good luck
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:30 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. I've just been looking at some cool Silverlight solutions on my PC and appreciate your perspective. I know my developer colleagues do consider compatibility as an important factor in their work but we also understand where you're coming from. When my friend bought an iPhone and I bought my Windows Mobile 6.1 device, I paid significantly less than him (as you allude to) and yet I'd argue that I'm more productive then him, device to device. Having said that, I wish you liked your phone as much as I like my phone. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you're able to find additional Windows Mobile capabilities to love as much as reading your morning news. All the best.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:11 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:00 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback. I've just been looking at some cool Silverlight solutions on my PC and appreciate your perspective. I know my developer colleagues do consider compatibility as an important factor in their work but we also understand where you're coming from. When my friend bought an iPhone and I bought my Windows Mobile 6.1 device, I paid significantly less than him (as you allude to) and yet I'd argue that I'm more productive then him, device to device. Having said that, I wish you liked your phone as much as I like my phone. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you're able to find additional Windows Mobile capabilities to love as much as reading your morning news. All the best.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:11 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:00 PM
  • Thanks GTrz.
    • Proposed as answer by 2GrokMobile Friday, May 29, 2009 6:34 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 6:34 PM