LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy -- studying for MCSA 70-410 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am doing practice tests for the MCSA 70-410.

I came across this question in the test:

Your network contains two servers named server1 and server2 that run Windows server 2012 R2. Server1 and Server2 are part of a workgroup.

On Server1 and Server2 you create a local user account named Admin1. You add the account to the local Administrators group. On both servers, Admin1 has the same password.

You log onto Server1 as Admin1. You open Computer Management and connect to Server2. When you attempt to create a scheduled task, view the event logs and manage the shared folders you receive Access Denied messages.

You need to ensure that you can administer Server2 remotely from Server1 by using Computer mangement.

What should you configure on Server2?

A) From Server Manager, modify the Remote Management setting.

B) From Local Users and Groups, modify the membership of the Remote Management Users group.

C) From Windows fireall, modify the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) firewall rule.

D) From registry Editor, configure the LocalAccountToeknFilterPolicy registry value.

The answer is D but I cannot find any help topics on that answer. Could somebody please help me on what that is and why it is the correct answer?

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:33 PM

Answers

• This question looks like it came from a braindump or similar non-approved source. It is not allowed to use this kind of study material by Microsoft policy.

Even if you managed to remember the question from the exam then you are also not allowed to share questions from the exam.

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:21 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• This question looks like it came from a braindump or similar non-approved source. It is not allowed to use this kind of study material by Microsoft policy.

Even if you managed to remember the question from the exam then you are also not allowed to share questions from the exam.

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:21 AM
    Answerer
  • The LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy setting affects how administrator credentials are applied to remotely administer the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942817

Friday, June 5, 2015 6:57 PM