OFF TOPIC: Browser Problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• On my computer Internet Explorer has not been able to connect to the internet, while mozilla firefox has been able to. I know it is not a connection problem. All internet settings indicate that the browser should work. One strange thing is that on the start menu, IE has a label that says "No add-ons" even after I downloaded IE 7 again.

Also when I try to use any microsoft "live" antivirus programs, it cannot connect to the internet. Programs such as ITunes are also unable to connect to the internet, while Skype is able to. I have tried downloading the newest version of IE, and I have tried uninstalling IE from the computer then downloading it again. What can I do to get Internet Explorer working again?
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 2:28 AM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the IE newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

However, I suspect it may be as simple as opening Internet Explorer and clicking on Tools/Internet Options, Connections Tab, LAN Connection button, and removing the check marks from the two automatic detection choices and clearing the check mark, if any, from the Proxy settings box.

-steve

Thursday, June 7, 2007 2:48 PM