Error in moving subfolder into another subfolder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Synctoy2

I use the Echo Type to create a backup of my PrivateDataFolder on my NAS
    The PrivateDataFolder is assigned as "Left Folder" and the NAS as "Right Folder"

I recognized that if I move a subfolder from the "Left Folder" into another subfolder, also in the "Left Folder", in the Preview he displayed correct to create a new folder in the subfolder, to move the files there and to delete the original folder. But if I go to run, he does everything but to delete the folder.

It happened to me several times, but it also worked several times. I'm sorry that I couldn't find a way to rebuild the error.

Also I had the problem that I delete several folders on the left, but on the right he only deleted all files in these folder but not the folders.

I cope you can help me,

thanks, Matthias
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Matthias,

I could not get this scenario to repro.

This is from the FAQ...is there anyway that this could be the issue? :

Q. SyncToy 2.0 appears not to sync deleted files when I have the sync option set to 'Echo'

A. This can happen if the files are updated on the right. This includes if the file was touched by an anti-virus program, music player, etc. To confirm that this is indeed the case - change the sync option to "Synchronize" and do a "Preview" sync. Do NOT hit run because this will sync changes from the right to the left. If on a preview you see updates from the right to the left folder, this means it was changed on the right. The only workaround in this case would be to manually delete the file on the right. And do not forget to change your sync option back to "Echo".

thanks,
    Jesse

Monday, March 2, 2009 7:59 PM