Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• Home server connector does not connect to server and I have a local blue screen. When I do a restart of whs, windows server locks with blue screen and does not restart. I then use restart button and fire up whs which is OK for a short time and then locks again. I have done a reinstall and a full surface scan of all hard drives in the home server but the problem persists.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Martin thanks for your suggestion, I updated all drivers but the problem persisted. However, I since think I have found the problem to be with one of my hard drives. This could not be removed using the console so in the end I had to physically remove and stomach losing earlier back ups, still, fingers crossed, at the moment all seems fine.

Richard
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:11 PM

All replies

• What hardware are you using? A BSOD is most often caused by bad drivers. Try to update your drivers for your chipset, hard disk controller, grafiks card and network card.

Martin
    LightsOut - Power Management for Windows Home Server http://www.home-server-blog.de/add-ins/lightsout/#en
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:31 AM
  • Hi Martin thanks for your suggestion, I updated all drivers but the problem persisted. However, I since think I have found the problem to be with one of my hard drives. This could not be removed using the console so in the end I had to physically remove and stomach losing earlier back ups, still, fingers crossed, at the moment all seems fine.

Richard
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:11 PM