Start Menu Most Frequently Used Applications Problem RRS feed

• Question

• The workstation on which I am writing this has lost its capability to display the Most Frequently Used Applications in the Start menu. Using the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize Start Menu, Programs, Number or Programs on Start menu, I am able to change the relative size of the Most Frequently Used Applications area, but the area itself remains blank. At one time, setting the area to the maximum of 30 would cause it to display the message that some items may not be shown. However, that message disappeared after using the Clear List button. It is not being caused by a white on white type of situation as there is nothing in the area that can be selected by clicking the left mouse button anywhere within the area. The area simply remains totally empty and blank. Admittedly I tweak my machine a lot and I am sure that some tweak has caused this behavior. In spite of the inability of the OS to reflect the Most Frequently Used Applications, the system otherwise performs quite well and I am mostly pleased with the tweaks I have performed. I have reinstalled the OS. However I have not performed a clean install as that would cause a loss of much that I wish to retain. The re-installation did not solve the dilemma. How can I tweak the Most Frequently Used Applications Start Menu area back to life?

Saturday, April 21, 2007 9:26 PM

Answers

• Klind,

Your issue does not seem to be related to Windows Genuine Advantage and is off topic to this forum.

Please post your question in a general windows xp help forum.

Good Luck!

Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:24 AM

All replies