WLOC and MSE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Steve, My WLOC will be expired on Dec, my question to you is if I down load and install MSE, do I need to uninstall and clean up WLOC first? Will MSE run along side with Webroot Spy Sweeper? What firewall should I use for my window XP? I do not know much about these things , I would very much appreciate for your assistance. Thank you.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:46 PM

Answers

• If you plan to install MSE you should first uninstall One Care. I would recommend not installing Spysweeper and MSE as the two programs would conflict. The Windows firewall should give you adequate protection on your XP computer.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:13 AM

All replies

• If you plan to install MSE you should first uninstall One Care. I would recommend not installing Spysweeper and MSE as the two programs would conflict. The Windows firewall should give you adequate protection on your XP computer.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:13 AM
  • I'll add that running the cleanup tool is optional for removing OneCare. Also, if your subscription to OneCare is still active, you do not need to switch to MSE until your subscription expires.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:09 PM